We (the owners) of this blog are not compensated to provide opinion on the books, literature, websites, and/or various other topics that we review. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely our own.

© 2014, Jess @ A Cup of Tea & A Big Book · All rights reserved.

Friday, September 5, 2014

Book Review: Texas Twist- Cynthia D'Alba


Title: Texas Twist
Publisher/Year:Samhain/2014
Genre: Romance, Western
Format: Mobi

The Juicy Stuff:
Real bad boys can grow up to be real good men.

Texas Montgomery Mavericks, Book 4


Hit hard by the death of her parents, Paige Ryan needs to figure out what to do with her life. She moves to Whispering Springs, Texas, to be near her step-brother. But just as she starts to get her life on track, the last man she ever wanted to see again sends it right back off the rails.

Cash Montgomery was on the cusp of having it all. Three bull riding titles, fame, fortune and respect from his family. Until a bad bull leaves him injured, angry and searching for comfort at the bottom of a bottle. With nowhere to go, he moves into his sister-in-law's old ranch house in Whispering Springs which he's surprised to find already occupied.

As Cash rebuilds the dilapidated home and Paige starts out on her medical career, their old friendship begins to reemerge and sparks are ignited. Paige knows that Cash is nothing but a heartache waiting to happen. But maybe this bad boy has grown up to be a real good man?

Warning: Watch out for falling lumber, falling in holes, and falling for the wrong guy again. You can leave your hard hat on.


How It Made Me Feel:
I enjoyed reading this book.  I had hoped it would be an easy read that was entertaining and I was not disappointed.  I enjoyed the characters, the setting of the book, and the back story that constantly made an appearance.  Stories set in Texas always find their way to me and this time was no different.  I enjoyed the rodeo background for the characters and how a bucking bull operation was included in the story.  It was a hot and steamy romance with a great male character and a fabulous female counterpart.  I would love to continuing reading their story.

What I Thought Worked:
I really liked the twist on the character's back story.  I loved that Paige and Cash knew each other from when they were younger and had memories that would surface through out the story.  I also loved how well the author incorporated life at the rodeo.  Brought back some great memories.

What I Thought Didn't Work:
At times during the story, I was a bit disappointed at the quality of conversation between the characters.  I wanted more in-depth dialogue between the main characters when they were speaking of important things.

Rating

Why It Got That Rating:
I really enjoyed reading it.  It was short enough that I could read it after work yet it still kept my attention and I was drawn into the romance between the characters.  I would definitely read it again. 

Who Would I Recommend To:
I would recommend this book to someone who loves romances about cowboys, grumpy men, or Texas.  It's a book that is meant for mature audiences, but the story line is great!

Last Impressions/Remarks:
I loved how the author incorporated Buster and Ruby in the story and how easily connected all the characters were.  It was a fun read and easy to keep relationships straight.



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! We greatly appreciate your support and taking the time to read our blog! We hope you enjoy it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...